My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, AZ, United States

Christian, wife, mother, writer, artist, teacher, published author. I love to write Christian fiction and non-fiction.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Why Blog??

I decided to join the many bloggers out there simply because it was suggested by other fine bloggers and because I have many opinions I wish to share. Does that make me obnoxious?? I sure hope not.

A little about me in this first post:

I am a Christian. I surrendered my life to Christ at the tender age of 7.

I am 37 yrs. old.

I am voting for Bush (not just because I am a Republican...) because he is a strong leader in these times of terrorism. I admire him in many ways. First, as an alcoholic who quit drinking and credits Jesus Christ. I admire him for being loyal to his wife and loving her. I admire him for giving God credit for any strengths he possess and also for submitting to God as Sovereign Lord. That is important to me, since he is the most powerful man in the world and yet he submits himself to God. That shows me that President Bush is not about ego.

I am an Arizona native and so is my husband and son. I do long to move back to North Carolina someday. We lived there for 2 years back in 1989 to 91. It was so green and beautiful and, frankly, I am sick of the brown desert.

Forgive my writing skills. I will usually write in a hurry as my husband uses the computer for his school work. He is getting his degree with University of Phoenix Online. We will both graduate from college in May 2005. 20 years after we started college! Well, needless to say, we are determined.

I am an artist. I have been drawing and painting since I was 5. My favorite medium is pencil (graphite) but lately I love to paint in acrylic and use charcoal on my paintings. I will have some posted on my web site: www.artbyruth.com soon for everyone to see.

I love art. I love Picasso, Cezanne, Braques, for their expressionism. I love Hopper for his compositions. But my favorite artist is John Singer Sargent because portrait art is one of my all time favorite things to study. Plus, I love his watercolors too!!

Well, that is it for my first post. I will be posting political stuff soon because that is my current passion. I truly believe that this election will be one of the most important elections of our country's history since the Civil War. So much is at stake. Our security and well being are at stake. Tom Junod wrote a wonderful piece in Esquire this month comparing the War on Terror to the Civil War and why this election resembles those times. He makes some good points. He is a Liberal yet he has begun to see the importance of what President Bush has been saying and he finally gets "it" much like Roger L. Simon has stated on his wonderful blog.

So, more coming up............


Blessings to all those soldiers and Marines in harm's way. God be with you all.


3 Comments:

Blogger J.D. said...

'bout time! Of course I disagree with you politically, and of course I am thrilled to see you join the blogniverse. Your comments have shown us a sharp mind at work (although in my opinion politically misguided. :) - ALa71 may feel differently).

I'll be back to read your posts - i'm already eager for more.

BTW - what was your husband in the USMC? Was he 0311 or not?

August 4, 2004 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger spaceCADETzoom said...

Wow, I have an art background as well.

And I'm originally from Mesa, Arizona.

Ok. Enough coincidence from this stranger. I often do that. I went into this big incoherent schpeel on some guy's blog because of coincidences about New London, CT, US Army Field Artillery, and a BA in political science. I'm not sure why I'm still surprised by these little things.

August 5, 2004 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Ruth Douthitt said...

TWD- thanks for the compliments and for visiting! My hubby was an 0431 in the USMC.

August 5, 2004 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home